2:30 AM

What do you do at 2:30 in the morning when you can't sleep?

Ok, so now it's actually 6:15 in the morning and I still haven't slept so let me recap...

I woke up at 2:30 because my daughter came into my room and needed some late night cuddling.  Hands down the most pleasant part of my last 3 and a half hours.  Then I laid awake and wondered if one of my friends called during the blissful chaos that was Thanksgiving day.  This led to a rabbit trail of thoughts from trying to fine tune a talk I'm giving in March to wondering if I left my shoes in the basement.

When I was a teenager railing against what seemed like a ridiculous curfew, my dad used to say, "nothing good happens after midnight."  It used to drive me crazy but more and more I'm inclined to agree.  Only today I think I'd say, "nothing particularly useful happens between 2:30AM and 6:30AM."  At one point I actually considered getting up and going shopping, you know, Black Friday and all, but I guess that just proves the previous point is true.

So I finished a book, tried going back to sleep twice, and ended up here...blogging, yet again further proof.

I hope everyone else is sleeping.  If not and you're shopping I hope you found some really sweet deals because you're crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts