What's in a name?

In an attempt to get a ton of work done I prepared a pile-o-fun for Aasta and sat down to meet some long over-do commitments.  This has been a bit of a theme for the past month.  Needless to say I keep trying but I still don't think I've accomplished jack.  In the past few weeks, Aasta has become quite proficient at saying my new name, "mama."  So in case you think any remnant of Sara remains, take care, she no longer exists.  In her place is a woman who, despite her diligent efforts, has morphed into simply, "mama!"

Which reminds me, a few months ago when Aasta was just starting to say her first intelligible words I was so excited for her to say mommy.  I'm not anymore.  I mean I like it, especially between 8AM and say around 3ish.  But after that I kind of feel like banging my head against a wall.

Let's try an experiment. I'm going to set a timer for two minutes and see how many times she says "mama."  Go!... 32 times. Oye!

Comments

Popular Posts