4 AM

I woke up this morning at 4 AM to the sound of birds outside my bedroom window.  Often times when I wake to the sounds of fowl its because there are a couple gregarious and obnoxious crows fighting over my neighbor Wally's squirrel food stash.  This morning, however, the morning chorus was filled with Robins, Finch, a Cardinal, a Blue Jay, and Morning Doves.  Having been raining for days and days, there was a thick fog over everything which made the song sound like it was coming out of some great abyss.  It was haunting, but lovely and I decided to lay awake and listen for a bit.  As much as I love sleeping, this has been a magnificent morning.  Now back to sleep...

Comments

  1. When that happens to me, I get up, curse out loud, slam the window shut and dive back into bed and cover my head with my pillow. Bless you for being in the state of mind to soak it in and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts